The Idaho Professional Archaeological Council (IPAC) was formed in 2004 to represent the interests of professional archaeologists in our state: State, Federal, and Tribal Archaeologists; professors; consultants and other private sector archaeologists.
The purpose of IPAC is to maintain and promote the goals of professional archaeology in Idaho by:
- Promoting high standards of archaeological research, reporting and management;
- Representing professional archaeological interests in political and public forums;
- Establishing a mechanism for communication within the archaeological community;
- Promoting public education and interest in the fields of archaeology and cultural resource management;
- Providing advice to professional archaeologists and to State, Federal and other regulatory agencies; and
- Encouraging the publication of archaeological research.